Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Quick & Easy Summer Herb Marinade


 In the summer this is my go-to marinade.  Essential ingredients in any good marinade are an acid (like lemon juice), a fat (oil), salt, and flavorings.  
I am herb-crazy-woman in the summer since I only get to use them from my garden for 3 months.  Every day I make something with herbs in it, or I at least put mint sprigs in my water.  
For this easy chicken recipe, whip out the food processor and throw in:
Garlic -- go for it and live a little -- toss a handful!
Olive oil - around 1 cup, though I vary how much I use depending on how many pieces I'm using.
White Wine or Lemon Juice - 1/4 -1/2 cup or so
Kosher Salt - a couple of teaspoons
Lots of Herbs - I mix basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary and parsley usually.  

Process until smooth and pour most of the marinade into a ziplock with the chicken breasts.  Marinate for at least 4 hours.  Reserve about a 1/2 cup of the marinade for grilling.

Grill the chicken over indirect heat - which means the upper rack until the center is no longer pink.  Baste the chicken with the reserved marinade and cook 3 more minutes.  
I love this recipe in summer salads!

No comments:

Post a Comment