I've made several biscotti recipes, but this one is hands-down my favorite! I sometimes dip them in white chocolate when I'm done, sometimes I don't. They are delicious either way!
Start out by mixing the dry ingredients in a bowl, and the wet ingredients in a food processor.
Make a well in the flour, and add the wet ingredients.
Mix thoroughly, but don't go crazy and overmix.
Shape into loaves and refrigerate.
Bake. I like using the non-stick baking pads called Silpats, though you can also butter and flour your baking sheets and that tried and true method works also.
After baking the loaves, cut horizontally and lay them on their sides back on the baking sheets.
Flip them and bake again. This is what biscotti actually means: "twice baked."
Plan a coffee/biscotti morning with your friends, and prepare to be tackled for the rest of them before they all leave!
- 2 ¼ c. all purpose flour
- 1 ½ c. sugar
- ½ c. unslated butter, chillded, cut into pieces
- 2 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ginger, ground
- ⅔ c. white chocolate chips
- 1 ⅔ c. blanched, slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 eggs
- ¼ + 1 tbsp. cup apricot brandy
- 2 tbsp. almond extract
- 1 ½ c. dried apricots, diced
- Combine flour, sugar, butter baking powder, salt and ginger in a food processor and process until a fine meal forms -- about 30 sec. Add chips and process until finely chopped, about 30 sec. Add almonds and chop coarsely, about 15 sec.Beat eggs, brandy, and extract in a large bowl until blended. Add flour mixture and apricots and stir until a moist dough forms.Line a cookie sheet with foil. Butter and flour foil (or use Silpat). Divide dough into thirds and place on the cookie sheet in three 12-inch strips. Moisten fingers and shape dough into 2 inch wide biscotti shaped logs. REFRIGERATE 30 MIN.Bake at 350 degrees for 35 min. Remove logs from the oven and cool. Cut each log into 3/4 in. slices and place each slice on its side on the baking sheet. Bake at 300 degrees for 12 min. Turn biscotti and bake for an additional 12 min.Makes 4 dozen.